Outdoor 2021 Recreational Soccer Update - 2021-07-01
Happy Canada Day, Happy Graduation to some of our players, & Happy End of this crazy school year SSU Families!
We have the best news! We will be starting our OUTDOOR 2021 RECREATIONAL season the week of July 12th!!!!!! Please read the below email through carefully, this is the second important email we have sent out on the season commencing. Please also read through our first email posted on our website here.
We have updated our website accordingly to reflect the start/end dates, prices, & specific field locations per age group here. This will help you with info for your start ups on where to go and when. A third & final email will come out early next week on where to meet the first night & what to expect. Please keep an eye out for that.
The priority for SSU is the safety & well being of its membership. We have outlined our Return to Play protocols in full detail on our website here
A few important reminders:
1) Extra Covid Waivers will need to be signed for EACH PLAYER by parents before they are allowed to step on the field. Please have the waivers completed by Friday July 2nd! They can be completed electronically through our online registration system by following the below steps.
a) Sign into your online registration profile here. (If you don’t remember your password use the forget password button on the right to reset)
b) In your profile on the right hand side you’ll see “Players”. Click on the Red button beside each player registered to complete the waivers.
c) A waiver needs to be completed for EACH player.
2) Uniforms are supplied by SSU and will be handed out the very first night on the field. All players will also receive a ball the first night (except our U13-18 age group). Players are required to wear shin pads (mandatory) and are to be supplied by the player. Outdoor soccer shoes are NOT mandatory to wear, running shoes or outdoor soccer shoes can be worn.
3) We are still looking for Volunteer Coaches for the season. If you are interested in coaching please do reach out to email@example.com. This is a very rewarding experience, I’m sure more then ever this year and we can use more help then ever this year on the fields with the added protocols needed to keep our players safe. New for the 2021 season, if you complete the full season coaching with us, we will credit you 50% of ONE child’s registration fee. Please note only coaches and players will be allowed to enter the field area (except for the Parent/Tot and U5 age groups where one person only will be allowed to accompany each player into the field area)
4) PAYMENTS/INVOICES: Fees have been updated on all invoices. Please sign into your online profile here and make payment with Visa or Mastercard online, or send etransfer to firstname.lastname@example.org (no password is required). If you have a credit on file with us, this will show up in your account, please click off to use that credit towards your payment first. If you have already paid at the higher fee, a credit of the difference has been placed on your file & you will see it when you sign in. If you wish to have that credit refunded you may submit a refund request form to email@example.com. (The admin fee listed will not be charged)
5) If you do not feel comfortable having your child participate, please let us know ASAP (If we do not hear from you by Friday July 2nd, we will assume your child is still playing & fees will be charged to you) by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org If payment was made, full refunds will be granted if requested, otherwise a credit can stay on your file. Please attach a refund request form to email@example.com (The admin fee listed will not be charged) if you’d like a refund with your request to pull out for 2021.
We have placed our phone services on hold for now as we are needing to cut down on expenses wherever possible. Please use firstname.lastname@example.org to communicate with us. Please be patient as we go through all the many inquiries and requests. Thank you for your support and understanding during this unprecedented time. We look forward to seeing everyone on the pitch July 12th!